Managing Director - Investments
Senior PIM Portfolio Manager
Phone: (843) 790 - 2625
Fax: (843) 974 - 4999
For 30 years Joe has been working with individual and institutional clients as their personal wealth manager.
In 2000, he earned his Certified Investment Management AnalystSM designation (CIMA®), through the Investment & Wealth InstituteSM from The Wharton School. Joe also holds the distinction of Senior PIM Portfolio Manager and is proficient in PNF analysis through Dorsey Wright & Associates.
In 2019 and 2020 Joe was ranked by Forbes1 as a Best-In-State Wealth Advisor. Additionally, he has earned the firm’s internal Premier Advisor2 distinction every year since 2008.
Joe began his career in Atlanta as Public Finance Officer with NationsBanc Capital Markets Group. He then took a position with Grant Thornton as an Asset Specialist before returning to Charleston in 1993 to join a predecessor firm of Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network.
He earned a masters degree in business administration from the Darla Moore School of Business at University of South Carolina and a bachelor of science in business administration from the College of Charleston.
Joe strongly believes in giving back to the community. He currently serves on the advisory board of the Camp St. Christopher Camp and Conference Center, Vice President of the Low Country Ford Model A Club, and Treasurer of the FreshStart Visions.
Previously, he has served as President of the NAMI of Charleston and served as the Treasurer of two non-profits, the Alzheimer’s Association of the Low Country and Carolina Autism both of which helped found. Joe also served on the board of the College of Charleston’s Alumni Association and Treasurer of the non-profit Coastal Crisis Chaplaincy.
Joe is a active member of Kingdom Advisors which is a non-profit organization for Christian Financial professionals. His faith is an instrumental part of his personal and professional life.
Originally from Greenville, SC, Joe and his wife Nicole reside on John’s Island. They have two children both away at school. Their daughter is attending Clemson University and their son is attending Porter Gaud. They are members of St. Michael's Church in Charleston and enjoy advocating Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University and Cursillo ministries.
Joe has a passion for Model A Fords and is a member of the Low Country Ford Model A Club. He can often be spotted in town driving either his 1930 Ford Model A Town Sedan or 1930 Ford Model A Truck to work.
INVESTMENTS AND WEALTH INSTITUTESM (FORMERLY IMCA) CODE OF PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Serve the financial interests of clients. Each professional shall always place the financial interests of the client first. All recommendations to clients and decisions on behalf of clients shall be solely in the interest of providing the highest value and benefit to the client.
- Disclose fully to clients services provided and compensation received. All financial relationships, direct or indirect, between consultants and investment managers, plan officials, beneficiaries, sponsors or any other potential conflicts of interest shall be fully disclosed on a timely basis.
- Provide to clients all information related to the investment decision making process as well as other information they may need to make informed decisions based on realistic expectations. All client inquiries shall be answered promptly, completely, and truthfully.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all information entrusted by the client, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Comply fully with all statutory and regulatory requirements affecting the delivery of consulting services to clients.
- Endeavor to establish and maintain excellence personally and among colleagues in all aspects of investment management consulting and all aspects of financial services to clients.
- Support and participate in the activities of the Investments and Wealth InstituteSM to enhance the investment management consulting Profession.
- Maintain the highest standard of personal and professional conduct.
*The Forbes Best in State Wealth Advisors ranking algorithm is based on industry experience, interviews, compliance records, assets under management, revenue and other criteria by SHOOK Research, LLC, which does not receive compensation from the advisors or their firms in exchange for placement on a ranking. Investment performance is not a criterion.
** The Premier Advisor distinction is held by a select group of Financial Advisors within Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network as measured by completion of educational components, business production and professionalism. Additional criteria, including length of service, may also be used to determine recipients.