Managing Director - Investments
Senior PIM Portfolio Manager
Phone: (843) 790 - 2625
Fax: (843) 974 - 4999
Mr. Nicholson has over 27 years of investment experience managing for individual and institutional investment consulting clients with Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network. He holds the Series 7 and 65 security registrations and is a Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®), designated through the Investments and Wealth InstituteSM. Prior to his association with Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network, Mr. Nicholson was an Asset Specialist with Grant Thornton in Atlanta, Georgia, and a Public Finance Officer with Nations Bank Capital Markets Group, also in Atlanta. Joe holds the distinction of Senior PIM Portfolio Manager and is proficient in PNF analysis through Dorsey Wright & Associates.
Joe is also a Professional Member of Kingdom Advisors which is non-profit organization for Christian Financial professionals.
Mr. Nicholson holds a Masters Degree in Business Administration from the University of South Carolina and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the College of Charleston. He has served as President of the NAMI of Charleston and founding Treasurer of the Alzheimer's Association of the Low Country, and past founding Treasurer of the non-profit Carolina Autism. Joe also served on the board of the College of Charleston's Alumni Association and treasurer of the non-profit Coastal Crisis Chaplaincy. Originally from Greenville, Joe and his wife Nicole reside on John's Island with their daughter and son and are members of St. Michael's Church in Charleston. At St. Michael's he is active in Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University and Cursillo ministries. As past treasurer of the LowCountry Ford Model A Club he enjoys driving to work a 1930 Ford Model A Town Sedan and 1930 Ford Model A Truck.
INVESTMENTS AND WEALTH INSTITUTESM (FORMERLY IMCA) CODE OF PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Serve the financial interests of clients. Each professional shall always place the financial interests of the client first. All recommendations to clients and decisions on behalf of clients shall be solely in the interest of providing the highest value and benefit to the client.
- Disclose fully to clients services provided and compensation received. All financial relationships, direct or indirect, between consultants and investment managers, plan officials, beneficiaries, sponsors or any other potential conflicts of interest shall be fully disclosed on a timely basis.
- Provide to clients all information related to the investment decision making process as well as other information they may need to make informed decisions based on realistic expectations. All client inquiries shall be answered promptly, completely, and truthfully.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all information entrusted by the client, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Comply fully with all statutory and regulatory requirements affecting the delivery of consulting services to clients.
- Endeavor to establish and maintain excellence personally and among colleagues in all aspects of investment management consulting and all aspects of financial services to clients.
- Support and participate in the activities of the Investments and Wealth InstituteSM to enhance the investment management consulting Profession.
- Maintain the highest standard of personal and professional conduct.
* All Investments & Wealth Institute certified individuals agree to abide by a Code of Professional Responsibility. They also remain up to date in their field by completing 40 hours of continuing education every two years.