Managing Director - Investments
Senior PIM Portfolio Manager
For over 30 years Joe has been working with individual and institutional clients as their personal wealth manager.
In 2000, he earned his Certified Investment Management AnalystSM designation (CIMA®), through the Investment & Wealth InstituteSM from The Wharton School. Joe also holds the distinction of Senior PIM Portfolio Manager and is proficient in PNF analysis through Dorsey Wright & Associates.
In 2019-2021 Joe was ranked by Forbes as one of their Best-In-State Wealth Advisors*. Additionally, he has been recognized as a Premier Advisor** from 2008 - 2021.
Joe began his career in Atlanta as Public Finance Officer with NationsBanc Capital Markets Group. He then took a position with Grant Thornton as an Asset Specialist before returning to Charleston in 1993 to join a predecessor firm of Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network.
He earned a masters degree in business administration from the Darla Moore School of Business at University of South Carolina and a bachelor of science in business administration from the College of Charleston.
Joe strongly believes in giving back to the community. He currently serves on the advisory boards of the Camp St. Christopher Camp and Conference Center and FreshStart Visions.
Previously, he has served as President of the NAMI of Charleston and served as the Treasurer of two non-profits, the Alzheimer’s Association of the Low Country and Carolina Autism both of which helped found. Joe also served on the board of the College of Charleston’s Alumni Association and Treasurer of the non-profit Coastal Crisis Chaplaincy.
Joe is an active member of Kingdom Advisors which is a non-profit organization for Christian Financial professionals. His faith is an instrumental part of his personal and professional life.
Originally from Greenville, SC, Joe and his wife Nicole reside on John’s Island. They have two children. Their daughter graduated Clemson University and their son is attending Porter Gaud. They are members of St. Michael's Church in Charleston and enjoy advocating Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University and Cursillo ministries.
Joe has a passion for Model A Fords and is a member of the Low Country Ford Model A Club. He can often be spotted in town driving either his 1930 Ford Model A Town Sedan or 1930 Ford Model A Truck to work.
Code of Professional Responsibility
This Code was adopted to promote and maintain a high standard of professional conduct in the investment consulting and wealth management disciplines in accordance with the mission and values described in the Preamble.
Investments & Wealth Institute members, candidates in Institute’s certification programs, and Institute certificants (“Institute professionals”) are required to adhere to the following principles:
- Act in the best interest of the client.
- Disclose services to be offered and provided, related charges, and compensation.
- Disclose the existence of actual, potential, and/or perceived conflicts of interest and relevant financial relationships, direct and/or indirect. Take appropriate action to resolve or manage any such conflicts.
- Provide clients information needed to make informed decisions.
- Respond to client inquiries and instructions appropriately, promptly, completely, and truthfully.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information, however acquired, consistent with legal and regulatory requirements and firm policies.
- Provide competent service by truthful representation of competency, maintenance and/or development of professional capabilities, and, when appropriate, the recommendation of other professionals.
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements related to one’s practice of his or her profession.
- Maintain a high level of ethical conduct.